About Me

Hi, I’m Greg Whalen, a remote technology support specialist for seniors and older adults. I provide calm, patient, one-on-one help for people who feel overwhelmed or frustrated by computers, smartphones, tablets, and the internet.

I specialize in helping older adults and their families solve technology problems remotely and securely, without pressure or confusing technical language. Most issues can be resolved from home — quickly, safely, and with clear explanations.

I commonly help with email problems, slow computers, Zoom and FaceTime setup, online medical portals, patient records, passwords, Wi-Fi issues, and general tech questions.

If you or a loved one needs trusted remote tech support for seniors, you can learn more about my services here:

Senior Technology Training – Calm, Trusted Remote Tech Support

Tuesday, January 20, 2026

How Seniors in Rumson, Little Silver, Fair Haven, and Red Bank Can Stay Safe Online

How Seniors in Rumson, Little Silver, Fair Haven, and Red Bank Can Stay Safe Online

Technology can make life easier—but it can also create new risks, especially for seniors. Scams, phishing emails, confusing device updates, and password issues are common challenges. At Senior Technology Support by Greg Whalen, I help seniors in Rumson, Little Silver, Fair Haven, and Red Bank, NJ navigate technology safely and confidently.

Why Seniors Are Targeted Online

Scammers often target seniors because they assume older adults are polite, trusting, and less familiar with the latest digital tools. This can include:

  • Email or phone scams
  • Fake tech support calls
  • Phishing websites and malicious links
  • Confusing software updates or device settings

Understanding the risks is the first step to staying safe.

Practical Steps Seniors Can Take Today

  • Use strong, unique passwords for all accounts
  • Verify emails or calls before clicking links or giving information
  • Keep devices updated with the latest security patches
  • Install trusted antivirus or security apps
  • Ask for help when unsure—never try to guess or struggle alone

How I Help Seniors Stay Safe

My approach is simple and patient. I guide seniors step-by-step to:

  • Set up secure passwords and password managers
  • Navigate emails, websites, and apps safely
  • Update devices without confusion or stress
  • Recognize scams and avoid common pitfalls

By learning these skills, seniors can confidently use technology while protecting themselves and their families.

Get Personalized Support

If you live in Rumson, Little Silver, Fair Haven, or Red Bank, NJ and want calm, patient guidance with technology, I can help. Whether it’s email, iPhone, iPad, computer troubleshooting, or online safety, my goal is to reduce stress and make technology work for you.

📞 Contact me today to schedule a session and start feeling confident with your devices.

External Resources for Seniors

No comments:

Post a Comment

What One-on-One Technology Support for Seniors Actually Looks Like (2026)

What One-on-One Technology Support for Seniors Actually Looks Like (2026) What One-on-One Technology Support for Seniors...